Wow a long way.

This is the main discussion forum for all general topics relating to kayaking or fishing.
geoffw
Frother
Kayak: outback

Re: Wow a long way.

Post by geoffw » Mon May 29, 2017 7:49 pm

A good mate Matt
Fish' n fun

grantashwell

Post by grantashwell » Tue May 30, 2017 8:05 pm

Mighty Minny.

Alby
Kayak: Adventure island

Post by Alby » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:58 pm

Most I've done on a fishing day on my AI is 40klm all up...... out from Noosa. Tried a couple of different reefs. Trolled out and back in, so a fair bit slower than normal sailing speed. Overall time....back on shore by 2:00pm with a 6:30am start. Generally I fish about 4-5klm off shore in about 20 to 30m of water. Murphy's Reef off Mooloolaba is probably the furthest I've been off shore. From memory it was about 10klm out. Bottom looked great, but no fish trolling out or jigging out there. Reward on the way back was a double hook-up on 8m RMG Scorpions.......two Cobia 1.2m and 1.0m........released the 1m model. :-)

jbone
Barfly
Kayak: GT470 + EVO 495

Post by jbone » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 am

Alby wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:58 pm
Most I've done on a fishing day on my AI is 40klm all up...... out from Noosa. Tried a couple of different reefs. Trolled out and back in, so a fair bit slower than normal sailing speed. Overall time....back on shore by 2:00pm with a 6:30am start. Generally I fish about 4-5klm off shore in about 20 to 30m of water. Murphy's Reef off Mooloolaba is probably the furthest I've been off shore. From memory it was about 10klm out. Bottom looked great, but no fish trolling out or jigging out there. Reward on the way back was a double hook-up on 8m RMG Scorpions.......two Cobia 1.2m and 1.0m........released the 1m model. :-)
Sounds like a handful!

I imagine myself crying myself to sleep after losing both cobes in an almighty tangle.

Or being ripped in half by one giant cobe inhaling both baits as I try to stop it on full drag.

Alby
Kayak: Adventure island

Post by Alby » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 pm

Yes I was sure I'd lose at least one. I was so buggered after getting the 1.2m on board that I was hoping the other fish had spat the lure. Not so, but it was smaller, so I just took my time. They were the first Cobia I'd caught and had heard they were great eating. We weren't that fussed on it really. Not that it tasted awful, just that we prefer snapper. In future I'll release any Cobia I catch. Such a beautiful fish. :-)

andybear
Kayak: Evo 465

Post by andybear » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Bloody Hell!

Make sure to take your passport with you next time. No tellin's where you might turn up at that speed!
Cheers andybear
When in trouble, delegate. When in doubt, mumble!

Bludymick
THE BOOMERANG

Post by Bludymick » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 pm

fuck me thats a paddle