Is the Yak shed Dying a slow Death

This is the main discussion forum for all general topics relating to kayaking or fishing.
Indiedog
Legend
Kayak: PF475 BFS

Re: Is the Yak shed Dying a slow Death

Post by Indiedog » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm

I caught a hairtail. Weird looking phucker.

http://www.arcoeco.com.au

dru
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie TI: Stealth PF475: Zegul 550 (SIK): Carbonology Vault (surf ski)

Post by dru » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Dodge wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:56 pm
dru wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:44 pm
78 - how the fuck did that happen?
Thanks Dru, it just happens mate, and big numbers are better than the alternative I reckon.
So good to hear from you again brother. Like Ant my sincere best hopes on the family and health front.

Dru
cheers,
Dru.

ryder
Kayak: Perception Swing

Post by ryder » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Dodge wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:50 am
ryder wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:24 am
is Dodge still alive??
Yes still kicking along at 78 and fishing most weeks with mates, only the good die young you know.

Was typing the following comments and went to post when your reply popped up, you must be physic mate :lol: dodge in trees.jpg

While TYS is slow am not sure Facebook is making the impact some suggest.

Regularly knock about with approx another 10 blokes the majority met in AKFF days, might add here ages range from mid 60s to late 70s as that may sway comments that follow.

Of that group only about 4 are on Facebook and minimal fishing discussion there.

Half of them are TYS members but think I am only one who still looks in here these days on any regular basis, and has been no real discussion as to why. Notice quite often Bots generally exceed the members who are online which is sad and no incentive to contribute

All mates are on KFDU with about half active with replys on topics, while most read forum to various degrees, intersting topics can cause discussion among the blokes on the water. There are far more former AKFF members still appearing in there. as well and a bit more of the old humour, change of mods has also let a bit more flexibility in discussion as well. In regards Bots, member numbers online usually equal or exceed Bots.

Forums are quieter these days as novelty of kayak fishing has passed since the heady days a dozen years ago, DIY discussion is about gone with every body buying prefitted yaks and parts so that's also removing a lot of attraction.
thanks for your reply mate. I didn't know you are 78 already.
great to see that you are doing well and spending time on the water fishing with your mates.

BBY
Frother
Location: Half way up the pointy bit, where it goes "doonk" and in a bit.
Kayak:

Post by BBY » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 pm

I lost interest when I stopped fishing for various reasons and didn’t, feel I could contribute (or brag ;) )

I’ll never go to Facebook for this type of stuff, prefer an old school forum any day!

leftieant
Barfly
Kayak: Dusty and rusty

Post by leftieant » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 am

Hey Con! How you going? Last I remember you were terraforming a new paddock. How’s the little bloke going? Bet he’s not so little anymore!

BBY
Frother
Location: Half way up the pointy bit, where it goes "doonk" and in a bit.
Kayak:

Post by BBY » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:35 am

leftieant wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:20 am
Hey Con! How you going? Last I remember you were terraforming a new paddock. How’s the little bloke going? Bet he’s not so little anymore!
New paddock has a crop, someone was going to do a NIR survey of it by drone yesterday to identify water soakage issues. Haven't heard whether it was done or not, should be interesting.

Young fella is at kindy, loves his fishing, ready for a ride on the kayak when it's not an unearthly hour. Hopefully he'll score a fish while trolling like all the others have.

cruiser
Kayak: Adventure Island and yum yum revo

Post by cruiser » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:09 pm

Indiedog wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:33 pm
A classic love it

Gra
Local
Kayak: Hobitt

Post by Gra » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:39 pm

Well well. Just dropped by for a bit of a perve to see whats going down. Good to read through some of the musings of the old crew. I haven't fished for so long, and havent caught one for longer. Never was much good at that side of it. I miss my forum times, I loved the outlet for writing and bullshitting. Cant do it on facebook, too open and too connected to staff and clients. I've become a lurker of the highest degree....
Moved out from the city a year ago for a "tree change" and seem to spend my weekends on a front end loader or ride on mower. When I joined AKFF I had a toddler and wife had a bun in the oven. The toddler just started high school, seems like those days were a long time ago. I agree with previous comments; the novelty of the sport has worn off. That's not to say it's not still a great way to fish, just that it's not that "You seriously fish on that fucking thing??" sport anymore. Stay well me ole' cobbs.

Regards, Gra
Anybody want to buy an Ai? Or a rod lathe and a bunch of cool blanks and hardware?
Charles Darwin provides the clarity to see that 5 good theories are better than 10 commandments any day.

zed
Frother
Kayak: OK P13

Post by zed » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:53 pm

What about a caravan and bacon? Missed ya gra.
"Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."
💩

leftieant
Barfly

Post by leftieant » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Oh hey there Gra - and Zed - and everyone else. Hearing these old names again warms me in sub cockle region.

It has a bit of a feel of this actually:

zed
Frother
Kayak: OK P13

Post by zed » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:29 am

If that warmth in the cockles lasts more than 4hrs see a doctor.
"Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."
💩

leftieant
Barfly

Post by leftieant » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Gather round kids, let's see if we can ask Uncle Gra to tell us a story.

Uncle Gra, Uncle Gra, can you tell us about the time you stayed in a caravan park again? The time you wrote a story about it?

Gra
Local
Kayak: Hobitt

Post by Gra » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Haha, well, I'll have to have a think about it. Geez I wish i had a copy of that.
Charles Darwin provides the clarity to see that 5 good theories are better than 10 commandments any day.

leftieant
Barfly

Post by leftieant » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Gra wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 pm
Haha, well, I'll have to have a think about it. Geez I wish i had a copy of that.
That story will go down in the annals of history as one of the greats. Right up there with the Nowra Subway story from GregL.

solatree
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie Sport- Catch 390- Xstream 420- Hobie Lanai

Post by solatree » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:00 am

leftieant wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:09 pm
Gra wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:35 pm
That story will go down in the annals of history as one of the greats. Right up there with the Nowra Subway story from GregL.
:lol: Read this and burst into spontaneous laughter - remember them both. Still chuckling. :lol: Absolute classics. I assume they'd still be on the old AKFF site. Just got to get in there and hunt and copy.
regards Andy

It's a solitary Yacca