Autumn Fishing

This is the main discussion forum for all general topics relating to kayaking or fishing.
OldDood
Local
Kayak: Hobie Outback - Olive

Autumn Fishing

Post by OldDood » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am

Hi guys, just letting you know I am still kicking and looking forward to some Autumn fishing!
I also do not work Fridays any more. A long weekend at Port Victoria comes to mind.
Dunny
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

solatree
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie Sport- Catch 390- Xstream 420- Hobie Lanai

Re: Autumn Fishing

Post by solatree » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Excellent thoughts Dunny - I too am interested in that part of the world (lost a decent snapper off KI from the Kayak on monday and it still sets the heart beating). But next couple of weeks will be in Tasmania - so I may have to wait unit after the 18th.
regards Andy

It's a solitary Yacca

aussieDave
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by aussieDave » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:10 pm

OldDood wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am
Hi guys, just letting you know I am still kicking and looking forward to some Autumn fishing!
I also do not work Fridays any more. A long weekend at Port Victoria comes to mind.
Dunny
Hi Mark, how are you going?

If you're keen to get out, Geoff and I are planning a snapper session down the south coast launching at 5:15 Sunday morning, if you're interested give me a buzz.

Dave
89.5cm. Snapper, 45cm. Salmon (Bream rod, 6lb line), 80cm. Mulloway, 10kg Southern Bluefin Tuna

OldDood
Local
Kayak: Hobie Outback - Olive

Post by OldDood » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:04 pm

aussieDave wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:10 pm
OldDood wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am
Dunny
Hi Mark, how are you going?

If you're keen to get out, Geoff and I are planning a snapper session down the south coast launching at 5:15 Sunday morning, if you're interested give me a buzz.

Dave
Hi Dave, Andy and Geoff.
Can't make it this weekend. Still finishing off some reno's.
Still keen to get out though. I will give you all a post in the near future.
Maybe next weekend all being good.
Dunny.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark