Autumn Fishing

This is the main discussion forum for all general topics relating to kayaking or fishing.
OldDood
Local
Kayak: Hobie Outback - Olive

Autumn Fishing

Post by OldDood » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am

Hi guys, just letting you know I am still kicking and looking forward to some Autumn fishing!
I also do not work Fridays any more. A long weekend at Port Victoria comes to mind.
Dunny
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

solatree
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie Sport- Catch 390- Xstream 420- Hobie Lanai

Re: Autumn Fishing

Post by solatree » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:49 pm

Excellent thoughts Dunny - I too am interested in that part of the world (lost a decent snapper off KI from the Kayak on monday and it still sets the heart beating). But next couple of weeks will be in Tasmania - so I may have to wait unit after the 18th.
regards Andy

It's a solitary Yacca

aussieDave
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by aussieDave » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:10 pm

OldDood wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am
Hi guys, just letting you know I am still kicking and looking forward to some Autumn fishing!
I also do not work Fridays any more. A long weekend at Port Victoria comes to mind.
Dunny
Hi Mark, how are you going?

If you're keen to get out, Geoff and I are planning a snapper session down the south coast launching at 5:15 Sunday morning, if you're interested give me a buzz.

Dave
89.5cm. Snapper, 45cm. Salmon (Bream rod, 6lb line), 80cm. Mulloway, 10kg Southern Bluefin Tuna, 90cm Spotted Mackerel, Black Tip Reef Shark, 40cm Mackerel Tuna (spaghetti bait rod)

OldDood
Local
Kayak: Hobie Outback - Olive

Post by OldDood » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:04 pm

aussieDave wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:10 pm
OldDood wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am
Dunny
Hi Mark, how are you going?

If you're keen to get out, Geoff and I are planning a snapper session down the south coast launching at 5:15 Sunday morning, if you're interested give me a buzz.

Dave
Hi Dave, Andy and Geoff.
Can't make it this weekend. Still finishing off some reno's.
Still keen to get out though. I will give you all a post in the near future.
Maybe next weekend all being good.
Dunny.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark