Busted - The Illegal Fishing Thread

This is the main discussion forum for all general topics relating to kayaking or fishing.
BBY
Frother
Location: Half way up the pointy bit, where it goes "doonk" and in a bit.
Kayak:

Re: Busted - The Illegal Fishing Thread

Post by BBY » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Does that fishwatch number go through to a message service outside office hours?

BIGKEV
Barfly
Kayak: Stealth Evolution 495 - Blue Bagger

Post by BIGKEV » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:32 am

I'm not sure, id assume so. I got diverted through to an office somewhere in Longreach as none were manned locally at that time. He said the info I provided would be passed through to someone in the area.
When you're dead, you don't know you're dead, it only affects the people close to you. It's the same when you're stupid.

Indiedog
Legend
Kayak: PF475 BFS

Post by Indiedog » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Got a call back today from Matt at Qld Fisheries. He was quite receptive to the information I had to give and filled me in that the Teewah locals have contacted them on numerous occasions about the same people taking lots of pipis. He said the best way they can deal with it is to be notified ASAP so they can action it. Phone calls and emails can take a while to be forwarded on. Kev, he hadn't even heard of your report you submitted. So.....

To that end he said the "QLD Fishing" App for your smart phone has a "report" feature which will be emailed directly to his phone when submitted. If they then have someone in the area he will dispatch them out straight away. More information you can provide the better. You can attach photos etc.

It's free. I've installed it and had a quick look and looks pretty straight forward. Also has size and bag limits. So get it on your phone.
I caught a hairtail. Weird looking phucker.

http://www.arcoeco.com.au

BIGKEV
Barfly

Post by BIGKEV » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:15 am

Indiedog wrote:Kev, he hadn't even heard of your report you submitted. So......
Well that's a bit shit. Disappointed is what I feel reading this.

I've called when on Fraser before which went to a Gold Coast office and had a return call within hours from Hervey Bay officers on the Island when I saw guys taking undersized jew at Ngkala rocks so thought it odd that nothing had come back from this report. I put the lack of correspondence down to driving further up to camp and having zero reception up the beach for the following week after my report, but maybe it seems to have been lost in the system somewhere, Just sounds weird. I don't even have the details of these cars anymore as I was literally on the phone where they were which was only just north of Teewah where you still get reception.

To that end he said the "QLD Fishing" App for your smart phone has a "report" feature which will be emailed directly to his phone when submitted. If they then have someone in the area he will dispatch them out straight away. More information you can provide the better. You can attach photos etc.

It's free. I've installed it and had a quick look and looks pretty straight forward. Also has size and bag limits. So get it on your phone.
I've got the QLD fishing app. Only ever used it as a reference guide for sizing and bag limits. Didn't even notice it had a report tab....
When you're dead, you don't know you're dead, it only affects the people close to you. It's the same when you're stupid.

Indiedog
Legend
Kayak: PF475 BFS

Post by Indiedog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:19 am

BIGKEV wrote: Indiedog wrote:
Kev, he hadn't even heard of your report you submitted. So......

Well that's a bit shit. Disappointed is what I feel reading this.
Understandable. Shame you don't still have the details as he was keen to hear about it. Can't get the rego of your photos?
BIGKEV wrote:I've got the QLD fishing app. Only ever used it as a reference guide for sizing and bag limits. Didn't even notice it had a report tab....
I hadn't even heard of the app. Bottom line is the more guys that install it and use it the better. I'll post something up on FB as well as here in a separate thread. Probably the best thing is when you see something happening call Fishwatch AND use the app.
I caught a hairtail. Weird looking phucker.

http://www.arcoeco.com.au

BIGKEV
Barfly

Post by BIGKEV » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:34 am

[quote="Indiedog"]Can't get the rego of your photos? [quote]

Got no photos of them when they were collecting the pippies and I can't expand the bogged corolla photos enough on my phone to see anything. Might try on the computer at home tonight

Cav
Barfly
Kayak: A Big Black One

Post by Cav » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:42 am

Indiedog wrote:Seems like you guys saw the same people I saw. I've called DAF but without any photos or car rego they won't be able to do much. With a bit more pressure from guys like us they may pull their fingers out so keep at them.

I've put the Fishwatch number in my phone now. 1800 017 116.
i saw those blokes too when me and jayman were heading home on Aust day, Funny thing is I actually had my camera filming as i went past them, will have to look at the Footage and see what it's like

salticrak
Legend
Kayak: Tokoloshe

Post by salticrak » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:51 am

They have gotten sneaky too,putting some cheap rods in rod holders to make it look as though they are fishing.
Sponsored by Baboon Salve,sale now on..https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBYVdt ... 5lE6ZIitAg

salticrak
Legend
Kayak: Tokoloshe

Post by salticrak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:40 am

The Triads pay locals handsomely to poach abelone/rock lobster on South Africa's shores.These bastards are armed and dangerous.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sponsored by Baboon Salve,sale now on..https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBYVdt ... 5lE6ZIitAg

Zilch
Frother
Kayak: Dune Hobie Outback

Post by Zilch » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Anyone in the market for a boat.
https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/about-us/med ... al-fishing

Steve
KISS ; keep it simple steve
Even the the fish don't know where my secret fishing spots are !

geoffw
Frother
Kayak: outback

Post by geoffw » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Zilch wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:05 pm
Anyone in the market for a boat.
https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/about-us/med ... al-fishing

Steve
Geez Steve for a moment I thought you had spat the dummy😀
Fish' n fun

Zilch
Frother
Kayak: Dune Hobie Outback

Post by Zilch » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:35 am

geoffw wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 pm
Geez Steve for a moment I thought you had spat the dummy😀
Geoff I think fishing is in my DNA.jpg
:lol: :oops:

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KISS ; keep it simple steve
Even the the fish don't know where my secret fishing spots are !

geoffw
Frother
Kayak: outback

Post by geoffw » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Easily recognized ......... still laying around holding a rod!
Fish' n fun