It's not Carbon mehi's Evo 465

Show off your rigged kayak or tell us what you think of your new gear
Dodge
Frother
Kayak: Perception Swing + Pacer

Re: It's not Carbon But

Post by Dodge » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:36 pm

mehi wrote:It's a sweet ride though. Ive had the Stealth Evolution 465 for about 6 months now
Dave can remember you buying this yak mate and after now seeing the pics, can see why you are so happy.

All you have to do now is get off the job site occasionally and get out on the briny.
cheers RICHO

Kayaks: Perception Swing 400 ..... carves Anon timber lures.
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, but on others the statue.

mehi
Barfly
Kayak: A striped one and a yellow one

Post by mehi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:15 pm

Dodge wrote:
mehi wrote:It's a sweet ride though. Ive had the Stealth Evolution 465 for about 6 months now
Dave can remember you buying this yak mate and after now seeing the pics, can see why you are so happy.

All you have to do now is get off the job site occasionally and get out on the briny.
X2 old mate
Number one thing guys Enjoy yourself at all costs

Cheers Dave

mehi
Barfly

Post by mehi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:52 pm

She's all finished now got the battery pack all sorted, sounder working and the hobie hatch installed bloody happy with the end result
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers Dave

stealthfisha
Legend
Kayak: STEALTH PROFISHA 525

Re: It's not Carbon(all mods completed now)

Post by stealthfisha » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Yep sweet....
The lipo batteries are simply brilliant
The hobie hatch is a standard given...why stealth etc.have not started to supply a twist hatch as standard is interesting....there must be a company out there with a generic twisty ready to supply...the old screw hatch in winds and increasing seas is shithouse at opening etc...
brilliant mate

mehi
Barfly

Post by mehi » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:46 pm

stealthfisha wrote:Yep sweet....
The lipo batteries are simply brilliant
The hobie hatch is a standard given...why stealth etc.have not started to supply a twist hatch as standard is interesting....there must be a company out there with a generic twisty ready to supply...the old screw hatch in winds and increasing seas is shithouse at opening etc...
brilliant mate
Thanks Mr Fisha Ive had a look at your 495 quite a few times over the last month just to make sure I'm doing it right

Cheers Dave

stealthfisha
Legend

Post by stealthfisha » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Jesus please dont oh god have mercy sweet jesus WHY????
You will end up paddling backwards, baraking for carlton drinking XXXXGOLD and following the latest trends just to try and catch something!!!!!....and when all this fails you will try not but once but several times to destroy your glass steed into the side of the house!!!!!

Do you really want this lifestyle?

Ha ha ha

mehi
Barfly

Post by mehi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:12 am

stealthfisha wrote:Jesus please dont oh god have mercy sweet jesus WHY????
You will end up paddling backwards, baraking for carlton drinking XXXXGOLD and following the latest trends just to try and catch something!!!!!....and when all this fails you will try not but once but several times to destroy your glass steed into the side of the house!!!!!

Do you really want this lifestyle?

Ha ha ha
Mate there is just one more mod. A reversing camera on the yak wouldn't want to hit the house :D

Cheers Dave

JamieD
Local
Kayak: Stealth

Post by JamieD » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:28 am

Mate can you give some specifics of what connections you used and from where for the wiring of the blue lithium Ion battery , I know they come with different plugs from china , so I'm curious how you went about that , the battery box specifically is of interest to me , nice job , looks crisp

mehi
Barfly

Post by mehi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:38 am

JamieD wrote:Mate can you give some specifics of what connections you used and from where for the wiring of the blue lithium Ion battery , I know they come with different plugs from china , so I'm curious how you went about that , the battery box specifically is of interest to me , nice job , looks crisp
Jamie mate. I sourced all the connections off ebay. I'll see if I can find the links and I'll post them up for you
Mate I've actually got a spare waterproof connection and the female plug that fits the battery if you want pm me your address I'll post them to you All you have to do is get a click and seal container from the super market an inline 3 amp fuse holder and some Velcro

For anybody else looking for the female connection I got it from this lady www.ckleddistributions.com she's located in Strathpine QLD 4500
PH 0420 475 929
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cheers Dave

JamieD
Local
Kayak: Stealth

Post by JamieD » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Cheers Mate very appreciated

FishnDive
Barfly
Kayak: Stealth PF525_Fisha 460_Toura 17_Pinnacle Elite

Post by FishnDive » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Nice work on the mods mate, she looks tidy! Just a heads up I found some of those click and seal tubs (especially the systema brand) are not actually waterproof and let in water. Water and those blue pack batteries are a dangerous combo. If you are doing surf work and going to get a bit of water in the fish hatch I'd look at a mini dry bag instead.
FullSizeRender[1] (2).jpg
JamieD wrote:Mate can you give some specifics of what connections you used and from where for the wiring of the blue lithium Ion battery , I know they come with different plugs from china , so I'm curious how you went about that , the battery box specifically is of interest to me , nice job , looks crisp
I'm running blue bricks too Jamie and I picked up some matching connectors at Jaycar and they were only a couple of dollars from memory.
Last edited by FishnDive on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eoin (Owen)

RAZORBACK300

Post by RAZORBACK300 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:51 pm

good work mate have you have her out yet..

mehi
Barfly

Post by mehi » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:20 pm

RAZORBACK300 wrote:good work mate have you have her out yet..
Hey mark how's it going dude
I tested the sounder out last week as for getting out on the water over the next month it's going to be a problem Some old prick left his handbrake off and his car rolled down the hill and took out my new car Took out the front drivers side suspension 4 weeks at the earliest
Yes I'm fucking angry
Had a chance to get out and paddle yours

Cheers Dave

RAZORBACK300

Post by RAZORBACK300 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:18 pm

mate as i predicted mine is still sitting on the shed floor gathering dust like the others..

stealthfisha
Legend

Post by stealthfisha » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:38 pm

mehi wrote:
RAZORBACK300 wrote:good work mate have you have her out yet..
Hey mark how's it going dude
I tested the sounder out last week as for getting out on the water over the next month it's going to be a problem Some old prick left his handbrake off and his car rolled down the hill and took out my new car Took out the front drivers side suspension 4 weeks at the earliest
Yes I'm fucking angry
Had a chance to get out and paddle yours
Really sorry to hear that mate...
Tight lines