Transducer re-install

Show off your rigged kayak or tell us what you think of your new gear
unsinkable2
Barfly
Kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 + Old Town Vapor + Viking 2+1

Transducer re-install

Post by unsinkable2 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:58 pm

After being dissatisfied for a while with my previous transducer mount due to the drag and it adopting just enough play to make me a bit uneasy with it being in the water, I've finally swapped it over to Stealthfisha's design (with velcro which he was kind enough to post up- thanks mate). This way I can store it in an upright position which should fix my previous issues

I plugged up the previous boltholes by fibreglassing the inside of the 'yak then letting excess epoxy drip through the weave and plug up the holes.
IMG_1081.JPG
Then I bent the aluminium to fit the side of the kayak, which did take a bit of fiddling around to get right. From there it was a simple matter of sticking the velcro to the bracket/kayak and re-sealing the rod holder with sika as all of the wiring was in place from the previous mount.
IMG_1082.JPG
IMG_1083.JPG
Love the simplicity of this install and am looking forward to giving it a test soon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers, Owen.
Best yak captures:
~40kg 165cm cobia, 176cm/35kg big dawg, 107cm longtail, 87cm snapper, 49cm mangrove jack, 57cm kingy, 55cm yella, 45cm bass, 65cm trophy grinner and a bigger moses perch than nezevic

mehi
Barfly
Kayak: A striped one and a yellow one

Re: Transducer re-install

Post by mehi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Thats the beauty of this place the knowledge thats shared between participants, should give you a good signal
Number one thing guys Enjoy yourself at all costs

Cheers Dave

stealthfisha
Legend
Kayak: STEALTH PROFISHA 525

Re: Transducer re-install

Post by stealthfisha » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Brilliant...better than mine!

Kudos mate...tight lines