Nomad

Show off your rigged kayak or tell us what you think of your new gear
jumaji
Seak Swift.

Re: Nomad

Post by jumaji » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Yeah Mate, on mine the skeg made a big difference. Without it, it wouldn't track straight either paddling or just cruising after stopping paddling. They must have changed the configuration of the kayak as I am 188cm's [6ft3] tall and as I say found the legroom lacking. This photo shows more evolution of the kayak plus the skeg.
Jim.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Member of "TEAM OLD FARTS"

Bradv
Kayak: FeelFree Nomad, Feelfree TriYak

Post by Bradv » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Lovely photo - both the scenery and the extended yak layout :) Interesting about the skeg ... did it noticably affect manoeuverability? I've not been in another kayak of similar length to compare tracking; my huge Tri-Yak has the opposite problem though in that it doesn't want to turn and feels like I'm paddling a barge when I take my family out on it, so I'm always happy to get back to the nimble Nomad.

I currently use the Nomad's skeg hole to mount my DIY flag/light pole, which I have semi-regular need for.
Brad

Yak PB's - Reef shark ~1m; Shark Mackerel 65cm; Flathead 60cm; Spotted Mackerel 57cm; Flowery Cod 50cm; Estuary Cod 50cm; Barred Grunter 50cm; Snapper 44cm; Tailor 43cm; School Mackerel 43cm; Flounder 33cm; Leaping Bonito 33cm; Whiting 30cm, Australian Bass 30cm, Sweetlip 29cm, Bream 28cm

Dodge
Frother
Kayak: Perception Swing + Pacer

Post by Dodge » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:19 am

Brad just recalled the name of the early Nomad yak with pod I sometimes fished with about 2008 from the old place.

Shane, with username LizardWizard.

Might add he also used a skeg as seen in Jim's picture.
cheers RICHO

Kayaks: Perception Swing 400 ..... carves Anon timber lures.
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, but on others the statue.