Robbob’s Profisha 475

Show off your rigged kayak or tell us what you think of your new gear
robbob
Kayak: Profisha 475

Robbob’s Profisha 475

Post by robbob » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:25 pm

This is my third kayak first was a Hobie Outback (which I still have but don’t use) second was Penno’s old 475 which I had for about 2 months then I won an upgrade voucher at the Stealth Summer Series Adder Rock Comp and got this Yak.

So installed accessories are:
1. Stealth moulded fish finder lid
2. Lowrance elite 4x CHIRP fish finder
3. Garmin GPSMAP 78 with Garmin Marine Mount

And Modifications:
4. Replaced Fish finder lid seal
5. Relocated forward hatch strap
6. Pockets on sidewall of fish box
7. Anchor Trolley
8. Stainless carabiner on rod butt holder
9. Removed foot peddle straps

Other gear I take with me (in case anyone is interested):
10. Yak Xipe 60N PFD with camel back bladder
11. Pliers, scissors and knife
12. Rod holder extenders
13. Spare batteries for fish finder and GPS
14. Stealth carbon fibre flat paddle
15. Wheelz kayak wheels
16. Drift anchor
17. Rubber mat for loading
18. Sea to summit paddle gloves
19. Sponge
20. Sea to summit paddle leash
21. Homemade rod leashes
22. Sunscreen
23. S factor
24. All round light
25. Uniden mh75 handheld VHF
26. Stealth bait tube
27. Tail rope
28. Gaff and Lip Grips

With my booties on the peddles it wasn’t that comfortable so I removed the peddle straps (I never used them anyway and it hinders me bailing out of the yack when I did). When I put the fish finder lid on the strap goes over the back of the mould and not on the flat, also the plastic holder for the strap was right where my foot was so I decided to move it around 5cm forward. I just re drilled the holes and put new bolts in the old holes.

The fish finder is just silicon’d into place and it stays in there.

The Transducer is in hull which is accessed by an inspection hatch that I got Dennis to put in for me I have done them before but it was much easier just to get it done.

The Battery is in a Plano 145000 Orange Guide Series Waterproof Storage Case that is velcroed to the bottom.

I have also put a small SS carabiner on the rod butt holder which is held in place with a couple of rubber grommets with zip ties. I use this to stop stuff disappearing to the front on me when I’m going out and in.

The battery is a LiPo in a hard case and is 5000mAh, I use LiPo’s cause they are easy to get replacements. The downside is you have to be careful when charging as they can explode. The little LCD thing is a buzzer that goes off when my battery gets low so I can replace it without letting the battery get too low. Everything is just velcro’d in place.

I wasn’t happy with the way the lid was sealing so have changed the seal with a hollow rubber seal from Clarks rubber, haven’t taken it out since doing this so not sure if this is better yet.

I made this bag for my old 475 and I just changed it to the new one. I sowed it out of shade cloth and it has three pockets for leader, soft plastics and bits and pieces. There are velcro’d holders for my pliers, knife and scissors. It is held in place with a chopping board that is sown on the back and bolted into the rudder peddle holders.

Also put an anchor trolley on. The pulleys are off outriggers for game boats and the rope is kept out with little buttons on the rear rod holder and the loop near in the centre. I just removed the screws put the buttons on and re sealed it up.

Lastly this is all the stuff I take out with me.

Please feel free to offer comments or anything you think would be better! If you want more detail ask away and I’ll put up more details and pictures.

mehi
Barfly
Kayak: A striped one and a yellow one

Re: Robbob’s Profisha 475

Post by mehi » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:06 pm

You asked for comments to make your Yak better I don't think you can. Nice ride enjoy dude
Number one thing guys Enjoy yourself at all costs

Cheers Dave

Dean

Post by Dean » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Nice set up, all looks very organised.

Dean

scatter
Frother
Kayak: Stealth Pro Fisha 475

Post by scatter » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:55 am

That is a bloody good looking colour scheme.
Cheers, Sam

if you are the type of w$&ker that can't let it go for some reason I'd be more than happy for you to PM me for my address so I can head butt your F$&king face off. Fatbaldkayaker

danomung
Kayak: GREEN Stealth Pro Fisha 475

Post by danomung » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:03 pm

Nice Yak.

I like the lipo set up too.

Questions
Why do you take your battery charger out with you? (I see it in the pile of thing you take out with you)
What are the white PVC things?

stealthfisha
Legend
Kayak: STEALTH PROFISHA 525

Post by stealthfisha » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:12 pm

now that's a fitout mate...kudos

Tommo
Local
Kayak: Carbon Kevlar evolution 495

Post by Tommo » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:35 pm

Nice setup mate. Looks great

Bring on the season!

Cheers

robbob

Post by robbob » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:36 pm

danomung, I don't take the charger out it sorry for the confusion.

In my opinion the lipos are the way to go you just have to get a good charger and charge them in a safe place (on concrete or glass) in a fire proof bag. They are easy to replace (locally available from hobby shops) with out having to do any moding and come in the right size and capacity for yak fishing. They are also hardy I have had them in remote RCs and crashed them and never had a problem. If you are worried about them on your yak there are several youtube videos where people have hammered a nail through them then immersed in saltwater for no result. The fires associated with lipos all happen when charging if the cells become too unbalanced.

The white PVC things are rod holder extenders to lift my reels up higher so they don't get wet. Have yet to actually use them yet as I only just made them then had to have an operation on my arm.

Skimmer
Kayak: Hurricane Skimmer

Post by Skimmer » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Looks real nice mate. I've just begun to use stick-on Velcro strips to hold small soft bags in place - out of the way and easy to get to but you seem to have it all covered. Only 1 improvement I can think of - fish in the hold!
Yak: Hurricane Skimmer116
KgWhiting 52cm
Adelaide, SA
"It's all about the attitude"

matt
Kayak: Stealth Pro Fisha 525

Post by matt » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:12 pm

advice on your GPS. lift the little flaps on the back and fill them with silicone (I added a tiny bit of tape over the usb port before adding the silicone). I know of at least 2 of these units that had to be replaced due to water damage to the USB port on the back. Mine died during the 2nd session at Adder this year loosing all the marks I'd saved in the days leading up to the comp.

robbob

Post by robbob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Hey Matt, It's just the 4x so no gps and no usb port. Saying that it still has any suspicious looking hole already filled with silicon.

matt
Kayak: Stealth Pro Fisha 525

Post by matt » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:38 pm

robbob wrote:Hey Matt, It's just the 4x so no gps and no usb port. Saying that it still has any suspicious looking hole already filled with silicon.
nah mate I'm talking about the little garmin handheld GPS in the pic (same set up on my 525)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robbob

Post by robbob » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:06 pm

hmmm ok. Problem with that is I use it regularly. Hopefully it will hold out but maybe ill try and figure a way to make a removable plug

Gbc
Barfly
Kayak: Paddleyak Kingfisher
Rosco canadian
Emotion Exhilarator

Post by Gbc » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:01 pm

I've got a 78sc like that one. It was deck mounted for a while but now it rides around in my life jacket pocket in one of those roll top electronics wallets. I don't need to look at it too often.

fsck
Kayak: Stealth Splash 470 and Profisha 475

Post by fsck » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 pm

old thread i know but curious, how has everything worked out?

Any modifications/tweaks ?