Show off your rigged kayak or tell us what you think of your new gear
Gbc
Barfly
Kayak: Paddleyak Kingfisher
Rosco canadian
Emotion Exhilarator

Busy foredeck on the kingfisher

Post by Gbc » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 pm

Finally got around to buying a new mast base and hardware and drilling a few extra holes in the old girl to mount the sail up. Yesterday afternoon was the test flight which was a success.

I would have liked to think I could troll lures while sailing, but after yesterday's gusty trip on the river you'd be busier than a one armed paper hanger with crabs if a pelagic hit.

I'll use it for traversing out to the Marlin grounds at SWR etc though - makes paddling a fairly easy affair and points very close to the wind which is just awesome.

The strangest thing after a lifetime of sailing is pressing rudder pedals the opposite way to a tiller so that took a few goes.

Pardon the second photo, it was taken through the waterproof phone holder which evidently wasn't as clean as I thought.
Last edited by Gbc on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gbc
Barfly
Rosco canadian
Emotion Exhilarator

Re: Busy foredeck on the kingfisher

Post by Gbc » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Photos now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mehi
Barfly
Kayak: A striped one and a yellow one

Post by mehi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:12 pm

The sail looks the goods nothing wrong with getting a bit of help from the wind, hows the nose of the yak go under sail does it dig in, and don't forget the nav lights ;)
Number one thing guys Enjoy yourself at all costs

Cheers Dave

Gbc
Barfly
Rosco canadian
Emotion Exhilarator

Post by Gbc » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Downwind the nose does look to sit a little lower but not a lot. She's a pretty solid boat in the water the old paddle yak so it would take a bit to unsettle it. The sail will definitely open up some longer distance stuff to me as I get used to it. I stuffed the positioning of the up haul and sheet jammers leaving them too far forward so there will be a couple of screw holes to repair there, but that's part of the fun.
No Nav lights for me, kayaking at day time, drinking at night time. Don't get me started haha.

mehi
Barfly
Kayak: A striped one and a yellow one

Post by mehi » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:05 pm

A couple of screw holes easy fix on a kingfisher those things are built like a brick shit house enjoy
Number one thing guys Enjoy yourself at all costs

Cheers Dave