Hobie Revo 13 with Hybrid motor mount setup

Show off your rigged kayak or tell us what you think of your new gear
Darwin
Kayak: Hobie Revolution 2014 and Cobra Motor Kayak

Hobie Revo 13 with Hybrid motor mount setup

Post by Darwin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:22 am

I have been thinking to install a motor into my 2014 Hobie Revolution 13. I wish to maintain peddling capacity. Here is my design based on whatever stuff available from my garage. I am managed to spend nothing to complete my phase one project. I found a metal bracket, cut some foam tube and PVC pipe. The rest of kayak fishing accessories are already with my Revo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dodge
Frother
Kayak: Perception Swing + Pacer

Re: Hobie Revo 13 with Hybrid motor mount setup

Post by Dodge » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:45 am

Darwin a nicely thought out leccy install mate, and will prove to be a welcome addition for your style of fishing.

A few of us on the GC have also gone down the leccy road as well, the Swing now sports an 18lb leccy with an immobilized reverse, which was done by applying silicone to the F-O-R switch [after selecting F] so my old fart brain could not engage reverse in error, fitted a separate off /on switch to run motor in forward only with Lo-Hi speed switch still OK.
cheers RICHO

Kayaks: Perception Swing 400 ..... carves Anon timber lures.
Accept some days you're the pidgeon, but on others the statue.

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi Dodge

Thanks for sharing your experience. I usually spends 4 to 5hr each game. The body tells I need to prepare for leccy way!

Cheers
Darwin

labrat
Barfly
Kayak: Laker 13, Curlew, cedar strip own design.

Post by labrat » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Great design there Darwin. Good to see a mod that meets all 3 criteria for acceptable yak mods: original, functional and uses pool noodle.

Presumably the standard 2 blade prop fits through the drive slot - or will you need a custom prop?
Cheers, Bob

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:56 pm

labrat wrote:Great design there Darwin. Good to see a mod that meets all 3 criteria for acceptable yak mods: original, functional and uses pool noodle.

Presumably the standard 2 blade prop fits through the drive slot - or will you need a custom prop?
Hi

The standard prop works. Everyone are using same JW motor.

Cheers

bertros
Legend
Kayak: Revo 13 + AI

Post by bertros » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:34 am

3am post Darwin? I hope that's because you were away from home and not because you couldn't sleep.

Fantastic mod and really clever design. Those bream don't stand a chance now. Looking forward to more of your videos this year. Keep them coming.
Yak PB's: Australian Salmon - 70cm; Bream - 40cm; Bonito - 62cm; Estuary Perch - 32.5cm; Flathead - 57cm; Groper - 50cm; Kingfish - 108cm; Snapper - 60cm; Spotted Mack - 110cm; Squid (hood) - 34cm; Tailor - 50cm; Silver Trevally - 41cm; Whiting - 39cm

BigGee
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie Pro-Angler 14 and Sport

Post by BigGee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:28 am

Thats really well thought out and DYI with your own stuff engineered Darwin. Love it ... Well done.

What battery are you planning to use? I take it you'll just store it in the front hatch or somewhere like that?

Gee
Do it right or do it twice.

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:40 pm

BigGee wrote:Thats really well thought out and DYI with your own stuff engineered Darwin. Love it ... Well done.

What battery are you planning to use? I take it you'll just store it in the front hatch or somewhere like that?

Gee
Hi

I have a 13kg 12V-36Ahr Gel cell at home. It works for me. If I run the T-18S at low speed, it draws 5A giving me approx 4hr run-time.

Cheers
Darwin

Darwin

Post by Darwin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:41 pm

bertros wrote:3am post Darwin? I hope that's because you were away from home and not because you couldn't sleep.

Fantastic mod and really clever design. Those bream don't stand a chance now. Looking forward to more of your videos this year. Keep them coming.
Thanks mate! I will try my best :=)

BigGee
Barfly
Kayak: Hobie Pro-Angler 14 and Sport

Post by BigGee » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:17 am

Darwin wrote: I have a 13kg 12V-36Ahr Gel cell at home. It works for me. If I run the T-18S at low speed, it draws 5A giving me approx 4hr run-time.
That'll work Darwin, very nicely indeed. Especially as you have one already.

I have Li-Ions (Li-Po) in my Boat for the running of the Electric. Stupidly expensive (mine were part of the boat deal) but boy oh boy do they save on weight and their performance is ridiculously good.

That doesn't match your requirement of what you have on hand to say the least, but thought I'd share anyway.

Gee
Do it right or do it twice.