Aldinga family day out.

Kayak camping, diving, sailing, and paddling expeditions
bricks
Kayak: Stealth Supalite X

Aldinga family day out.

Post by bricks » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:59 pm

Beautiful skies sa the family heading to aldinga this morning.
As always, the yak came with. This time the new stealth superlite X.

The boys enjoyed floating around n the smooth 1/2 foot rolling sets. 10 small ripples followed by an actual wave for about 3 hours before the wind came up and made it choppy.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ps: Remeber not to leave the tailgate down on the ute. - 1 smashed forehead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stealthfisha
Legend
Kayak: STEALTH PROFISHA 525

Re: Aldinga family day out.

Post by stealthfisha » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Now thats a day out

Glass
Kids
Beach
=priceless

I came down today to check out things (1minute drive)
Did not see ya bricks but it was early....been cementing a new slab with slate...took all weekend....if ya wanna head out again and with some company...give us a yell

bricks

Post by bricks » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:56 pm

Too easy baggs.

We live near Marion so 2 kids, 1 dog, 1 wife and a bunch of ther jibberish this morning saw us on the sand at about 10:30.
Couple that with the father in law sporting a hangover the size of a rhino, and my inability not to punish him for it every chance I had. - we were late to the party.

I'm good most Sunday's for a spot of paddling, and my aim is for at least 3 hours on the water per week.
Instead of buggering around like I used to with my plastic pig yaks, I'm considering it training for next summer; and this new yak has really exposed some fitness issues - I suck at endurance, my lower back needs some serious conditioning, and my paddle stroke is rubbish (probably because the new paddle is a little on the short side I think).
The expedition I had was fitted with a full studded back support and was a lot thinner in the water than the superlite. Having not done serious paddle k's for about a year and a half it surprises me how much fitness I've lost (work, schnitzel and pies havnt exactly helped either.).

So yeah, I'll let you know when I'm heading that way again. I might even hit it early and go for a snapper just west of the marine park next weekend. Just be prepared for captain slow to be your new spotter.
And I may have to head in early, the family want to buy a place in the area so I might have to go to an open (which is always good straight from the beach )

Ps when I'm sizing a paddle - are they measured total length including the fins, or just the handle without the fin length?

stealthfisha
Legend
Kayak: STEALTH PROFISHA 525

Post by stealthfisha » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Total length
The Best Way to do it is this...

Ill give gou my bennett with length lock and you can slide it shorter or longer etc and play with feathering too...after a while you can get a feel for what suits you then we will measure it then you can at least buy a paddle with some knowledge of what you need....

bricks

Post by bricks » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Awesome.
I'll let you know when I'm heading out.