Is the Yak shed Dying a slow Death

This is the main discussion forum for all general topics relating to kayaking or fishing.
bertros
Legend
Kayak: Revo 13 + AI

Re: Is the Yak shed Dying a slow Death

Post by bertros » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:11 am

Sounds a lot like my experiences of beach worming. 😆
Yak PB's: Australian Salmon - 70cm; Bream - 40cm; Bonito - 62cm; cobia - 81cm; Estuary Perch - 32.5cm; Flathead - 57cm; Groper - 50cm; Kingfish - 108cm; Mulloway - 130cm; Snapper - 60cm; Spotted Mack - 110cm; Squid (hood) - 34cm; Tailor - 50cm; Silver Trevally - 41cm; Whiting - 39cm

zed
Frother
Kayak: OK P13

Post by zed » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 am

The nature of the law for taking grunion just leads to people out in the middle of the night sprinting straight into the shorebreak w their heads down. Whats not to like?
"Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators."
💩

Indiedog
Legend
Kayak: PF475 BFS

Post by Indiedog » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:52 am

zed wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:04 am
The nature of the law for taking grunion just leads to people out in the middle of the night sprinting straight into the shorebreak w their heads down. Whats not to like?
"And now! Time for you favorite game show of the week.......... Grunion Run!!!! Featuring your host with the most, grunion that is, who just loves getting smashed in the shorey, and filling up his hands with slimy wriggling things in the dark, give it up for ZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!"

"All participants play at their own risk. Darwin rules apply".
I caught a hairtail. Weird looking phucker.

http://www.arcoeco.com.au

andybear
Kayak: Evo 465

Post by andybear » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:14 pm

You have to admit, the signs and symptoms are not very good.
I will still be dropping in from time to time, and hope to see the patient recover!

Cheers all Andybear :|
When in trouble, delegate. When in doubt, mumble!

BBY
Frother
Location: Half way up the pointy bit, where it goes "doonk" and in a bit.
Kayak:

Post by BBY » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:57 pm

Well there's a familar name/face! Would you believe I posted here a few day's ago for the first time in quite a number of years. I know lots of people have moved on, I can tell by the lack of activity, used to get bites on a comment within minutes on a week night back in the day, not so any more by the look of it.

Oh well, times change, people change, whatever it is it is. I keep in touch with a guy I who I knew from the old forum who travels up this way for work. We catch up for breakfast, dinner, a beer, whatever works at the time. He still takes his kayak out, we always say I should get him onto some fish next time he's up but we're never both free at the same time.

I even met a guy through work, works for a govt dept up here, who used to hang out at the old place also. We never knew each other online but when I noticed a magrove jack skull on his desk we got to talking about fishing and whatnot and straight away we worked out each others forum name. Small world!

andybear
Kayak: Evo 465

Post by andybear » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am

Great to see a sign of life.
I remember the days of the kayak forums, where I would log in twice a day, and found this activity the great joy of my life...(exaggerated somewhat)
but very important just the same.

Wishing you great fishing, and seasons greetings.

Cheers andybear
When in trouble, delegate. When in doubt, mumble!

cheaterparts
Local
Kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 OK Prowler 4-3

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:46 pm

andybear wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am
Great to see a sign of life.
I remember the days of the kayak forums, where I would log in twice a day, and found this activity the great joy of my life...(exaggerated somewhat)
yes a lot of forums have slowed down - the Vic site Vyak is still active reports most W/Ends depending on the weather

has everyone in the northern states stopped fishing or something
or has Facebook taken over

BBY
Frother
Kayak:

Post by BBY » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:22 pm

I’ve stopped fishing (north QLD) I doubt everyone else has. As for whether they’re on Facebook instead, I don’t know, it’s not a platform I gravitate to for that sort of stuff.....showing my age.

I like the way forums put things in boxes, so you know which box to look in if you want to browse.facebook is a bit random depending on which device you’re using at the time and you need to search for stuff etc.

Could it be a combination of kayak fishing being pretty mainstream now and other platforms available for interaction?

My son has an oddball motorcycle and he uses a Facebook page for info in the same way I used to use the forum years ago. It’s very active and he searches for topics and does lots of question/answer stuff on there. Seems to work for him, maybe it’s a thing?

zarbs
Kayak: Outback

Post by zarbs » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Facebook can be good as it's pretty instant and you may have more advice/comments (which may be good or not). BUT the same questions get asked over and over (& over & over [get the picture]) again as there is no archival storage to refer back to (or not that I have found), which you have in a forum (as you say 'put things into boxes') and if the same question comes up the 'asker' can be referred back to the posting. Also larger postings such as 'how too's' and fishing trips with photo's etc are easier to refer to

BBY
Frother
Kayak:

Post by BBY » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:59 pm

zarbs wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:21 pm
Facebook can be good as it's pretty instant and you may have more advice/comments (which may be good or not). BUT the same questions get asked over and over (& over & over [get the picture]) again as there is no archival storage to refer back to (or not that I have found), which you have in a forum (as you say 'put things into boxes') and if the same question comes up the 'asker' can be referred back to the posting. Also larger postings such as 'how too's' and fishing trips with photo's etc are easier to refer to
I think the same on the merits of both.