New Kayak

This is the main discussion forum for all general topics relating to kayaking or fishing.
absolutekaos
Kayak: Hobie Mirage Revo 13

New Kayak

Post by absolutekaos » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Gday all, ive had my Viking tempo fisherman for many years now and its def looking worse for wear after a lot of use in fresh and salt so now im on the hunt for my next fishing kayak..After studying up the pros and cons of pedal over mirage drive ive decided on a Hobie probs a revolution 11 or 13..im not interested in paddling unless i have to anymore but it also has to be light enough to drag over logs ad up smallish rapids..it will be used on the sand flats as well as some stints offshore..i used the viking for everything and it proved reliable but im now wanting to be able to throw lures while moving along hence the Hobie..Whats everyones thoughts on the Revo 11 or 13, do you think it will be able to do the jobs i want or not..Ill be after a 2nd hand yak but its still a lot of money to spend and get it all wrong..thanks..Dave..
:D

franko
Kayak: Stealth

Re: New Kayak

Post by franko » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Sounds like you made the right choice Dave. Good luck with your search.
Frank
Stealth is the key to being sneaky

Bennito
Kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Re: New Kayak

Post by Bennito » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:47 pm

I have had a Revo 13 for a couple of years and while I love it, at 32 kg without drive, seat etc. it is heavy enough that i wouldn't want to drag over small rapids.
You could ask your retailer if they do trial days. Binks Marine in Adelaide do so ..... on specific dates .. not sure details.